Fluoroscopy Test in Mobile, AL
What Is Fluoroscopy?
With the aid of a contrast agent, fluoroscopy enables an X-ray technologist to capture an image of an internal body organ while it is functioning. This contrast agent allows the image to be viewed clearly on a monitor or screen. Once the fluoroscopy is complete, our radiologists will analyze its results to provide insights that will aid in the patient’s diagnosis and eventual treatment process.
For more information on Flourscopies from a board-certified radiologist, contact Alabama Coastal Radiology, P.C. at one of our eight locations in the Mobile area. We have offices in Mobile, Saraland, Fairhope, Daphne, and Bay Minette, AL.
What Are Some Common Uses of Fluoroscopy?
Fluoroscopy is used to screen for ulcers, benign tumors (polyps, for example), cancer, or signs of certain other intestinal illnesses.
What Types of Tests Are Given Along With a Fluoroscopy?
- Barium Swallow
- Upper GI
- Lower GI (Barium Enema)
- Small Bowel Follow Through
How Should I Prepare for Fluoroscopy?
- Preparation varies depending on the type of test given – Lower and Upper GI, Intravenous Pyelogram (IVP). Your radiologist will give you detailed instructions on how to prepare for your exam.
- You should inform your radiologist about any recent illnesses or other medical conditions, as well as any allergies you might have to medications.
- Women should always inform the technologist if there is any possibility that they are pregnant.
What Should I Expect During a Fluoroscopy?
- Fluoroscopy is generally painless.
- Depending on the type of fluoroscopic test you undergo, in general, you will be asked to lie or stand between the X-ray machine and a fluorescent screen after putting on a gown.
- An X-ray scanner produces fluoroscopic images of the body part being examined.
- You may be repositioned frequently to enable the radiologist or technologist to capture different angles.
For more information on this topic, please visit www.Radiologyinfo.org.
More Information on Fluoroscopy from Alabama Coastal Radiology, P.C.
For answers to any additional fluoroscopy-related questions, contact Alabam Coastal Radiology, P.C. today at your preferred location. We conduct flouroscopies throughout the Mobile area including in Mobile, Daphne, Saraland, Bay Minette, and Fairhope.